Working with the Wiki
At Rutherford and Associates, we encourage our clients and customers to add to this wiki site any information that they believe will be useful for themselves and others using eoStar, eoMobile, or any other application. In order to make edits, add new pages, or create changes within the wiki, users must create a valid login. When logged in, the user will be able to make changes to the wiki site.
- 1 Wiki Navigation
- 2 Wiki Rules
- 3 How-To Create a Login
- 4 How-To Edit a Wiki Page
- 5 How-To Create A New Wiki Page
- 6 Talk Pages
- 7 Basic Markup
Below is an explination of the Wiki sidebar navigation menu. Each link includes a brief description.
Main Page - This is the Main Page of the Wiki.
Login - Log into the wiki with a registered username. Logging in allows the user to edit and view certain pages within wiki-eostar.com.
New Login/Account - Request a new username in order to log into the wiki.
Categories - All the categories for the wiki pages will be listed here.
Recent Changes - The recent changes made to the wiki site will be listed here.
- eoStar Menus - A simulation of the eoStar program menu is located here with descriptions and definitions
- Upgrade - Any information on Upgrades may be found here.
- eoStar Plugins - All information on eoStar plugins will be located here.
- Conversion - Conversion information will be displayed here.
- eoStar Training Guide - An summary of training material regarding eoStar including documentation and tutorials
- Tutorial Videos - Any tutorial videos are listed here. You must be logged in to view tutorial videos.
- Upcoming Training - Any upcoming training sessions will be listed here.
- Support Center - This page contains the support center login page.
Rutherford & Associates
- Newsletters - Newsletters sent out by Rutherford and Associates will be located here.
- About Rutherford - A brief summary about Rutherford and Associates.
- eoStar.com - This link takes you to the official eoStar webpage.
Quick Nav - List of most frequently access categories on the wiki
- Route Analyzer
- What links here - List of all pages linked to current page
- Related Changes - Changes made to the current page
- Upload file - Page to upload files to the wiki
- Special Pages List of special pages within the wiki.
The following are some basic rules to ensure that our wiki contains accurate and professional information. If you are unsure on how to edit a wiki page, a test page has been setup to practice on. To view this page, click Test.
- Keep Information Safe. The wiki site is on the internet, meaning that anyone has access to it. To ensure your own and your company's information is kept safe, double check all images, files, and information you add to the wiki to ensure no private information is included. (Also, make sure to protect your server information.)
- Keep Information Relevant. There are multiple versions of the application out there, make sure that the information you are adding is still applicable.
How-To Create a Login
- There are two options to creating a login. Click the link located in the side bar of the wiki page titled "New Account."
- Create a login.
- Click the command button Request Account.
- A password will be sent to the provided e-mail address upon an accepted user account.
How-To Edit a Wiki Page
- To edit a pre-existing wiki page, find the page.
- Select the "Edit" tab located at the top.
- Make any changes within the page.
- When finished making changes, click "Save Page".
How-To Create A New Wiki Page
There are two ways to add a new page. Note: make sure there is not a pre-existing page already containing the information you wish to add.
The first way is to create a link with the page name in a pre-existing page and then click on this link. A new page will appear with this title.
The other way is to type in the page title in the search bar and press enter. If there is no pre-existing page with that page title, click the link "Create This Page".
Each page of the wiki has a Talk/Discussion Page attached. These pages are used to add any comments about the information on a page.
Adding Links to Wiki Pages
There are two types of links in the wiki page.
- External Links (links to pages outside of the wiki) can be added by placing a single set of brackets [ ] around the web address.
- To add external link with a different name to the link type brackets [web address <space> different name].
- Internal links (links to pages within the wiki) can be added by placing a double set of brackets [[ ]] around the title of the page.
- To add internal links with a different name type double brackets with a pipe (|) separating the names [[page name|different name]].
Adding Categories to Wiki Pages
Categories are a way of organizing information within the wiki site. To add a category, at the bottom of the page, type in a double bracket with the word "Category" and then the category name. For Example: [[Category:(Category Name)]]
Pages may contain multiple categories.
Additionally, it is possible to add a category through the page by typing the category in the box at the bottom of the page, and clicking the command button Add Tag.
Adding Images to Wiki Pages
The wiki site accepts a variety of image files.
- To add an image to the wiki site, click "upload file".
- Browse for the file and select it.
- The destination file name is the name that the image will be called within the wiki.
- Add a brief summary of the image, including where it was taken from. For example, "this is the Records>Customer>Records Terms Panel".
- Click Upload File.
- Make sure to add the image to a relevant page by adding the image markup.
Adding Tables to Wiki Pages
Adding Videos to Wiki Pages
There are only two types of video files available to add to the wiki site. These are flash (.swf) or Windows Media Files (.avi). Windows Media Files are files that are downloaded from the wiki site and then played using the Window Media Player. Flash videos play in the wiki pages; therefore, they require separate pages from the information. Create a separate page from the majority of the information, and put the flash video there.To add a video to the wiki, click "Upload File", and upload the video. Add the video markup.