W2W Bill Entry
W2W Bill Entry is used to record freight bills for transfers. It can manage both one freight bill for multiple transfers and multiple freight bills for a single transfer.
- Functional Area: Finance
- Roles Impacted: Accounts Payable Clerk
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugins: N/A
Records > Employees > Records > Permissions Panel:
- Enter AP Bills
- Enabling this permission will also enable the AP > AP Bill Entry permission on the plugins panel.
- Finalize AP Bills
Records > Employees > Records > Plugins Panel:
- AP > AP Bill Entry
- Enabling this permission will also enable the Enter AP Bills permission on the permissions panel.
- AP > AP Bill Review
Accounting Interface Panel
File > Database Administration > Configure > Accounting Interface panel:
- Enable export of payables to AP software
- This box MUST be checked for Bill Entry to be enabled.
Product Transfers Panel
File > Database Administration > Configure > Product Transfers panel:
- New W2W transfers need AP billing.
- This setting will flag new transfers as needing AP billing and will make them show up automatically in Bill Entry.
- If this box is not checked, transfers must be manually pulled into Bill Entry.
Using the W2W Bill Entry Interface
Save As Draft Feature
It is possible to save a bill in the middle of entering it and finish it at a later time.
- Click Save as Draft.
- This button appears on each screen in the interface.
- When a saved draft is present, the Load Draft link will appear on the first screen of the interface.
- Click the link to resume entering the saved bill.
- This will clear all in-progress information and replace it with the saved bill.
Reset an In-Progress Bill
If a mistake is made while entering a bill, it is possible to reset all information and start again.
- Click Restart Bill to clear all in-progress information and start fresh.
How to Enter a W2W Bill
- Go to AP > W2W Bill Entry.
- Click Add / Remove Transfer.
- If the transfer(s) are already listed, skip to step 7.
- Enter the transfer number in the Transfer Number box.
- Click Search.
- Check Needs AP Bill.
- Click Save.
- The transfer will added to the list.
- Select the Bill From type:
- Supplier - This option is only used when entering regular AP bills.
- Shipper - Select this option if the transfer was delivered by a shipping company.
- Pick the shipper using the selector.
- Internal - Select this option if the transfer was delivered by an internal driver.
- Enter a Note.
- Check Include? for the transfer(s) the bill applies to.
- The Total Expected from each transfer included will be added to the table at the bottom.
- Enter the Invoice Bill #.
- Select the Invoice Date using the calendar.
- Select the Due Date using the calendar.
- Select the AP Date using the calendar.
- Enter the Bill Total.
- This number will be added to the Amount column in the table.
- Click Next.
- Verify the quantity Billed and the Unit cost, make any necessary changes to match the bill.
- Click Re-run Proration to re-calculate freight unit costs and ensure everything adds up to the bill total after making changes.
- Click Reset to undo any changes.
- Click Next.
- Check Finalize? for the transfers that have all freight bills entered.
- Click Post Bill Entry.
- All current bills will be posted.
- Any finalized transfers will be closed to future entries.
- Un-finalized transfers can have additional bills added in the future.