State records are associated with customer locations and are used by other areas of eoStar, such as taxes and report filters, to determine which customers are in a particular geographic area.
eoStar ships with a record for each US state and the District of Columbia.
- Additional records for other geographic areas may be created as necessary.
- 1 Feature Information
- 2 Permissions
- 3 How To Create a New State Record
- 4 Assigning a Customer to a State
- 5 Panels
- 5.1 Taxes Panel
- 5.2 Alcohol Compliance Panel
- 5.3 CRV Exemptions Panel
- 5.4 Customers Panel
- 5.5 Delivery Charges Panel
- 5.6 Vending Panel
- 5.7 Reports Panel
- Functional Area: Administration, Finance
- Roles Impacted: Admin Clerk, AR/AP Clerk
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugin: N/A
In order to access this screen, employees must have the following permission:
- Records > Employee > Records > Access Records Panel > States > "View".
How To Create a New State Record
- Go to Records > Customer > States.
- Click New.
- Specify a record number by either selecting a provided number or enter your own.
- Enter the record Name.
- Excise tax paid to state includes on purchases - Check this box to include excise tax paid to the state on your purchases.
- Automatically refuse DEX pricing changes - Check this box to automatically refuse any pricing changes when DEXing.
- Click Post.
Assigning a Customer to a State
- Go to Records > Customer > Records > Location Panel.
- Select the State.
- Click Post.
- Taxes setup here will only affect products in the specified product set when they are ordered by a customer in the specified customer set.
- Multiple lines may be entered with different rates for different combinations of product and customer sets.
- These taxes may be listed on handheld invoices:
- Go to File > Database Administration > Configure > Handheld panel and enable the Print tax breakdown on invoices setting.
- Each tax entered here may be mapped to specific GL accounts on the Order: Sales Tax State source.
- Check the Use state tax type source option to include them in the rules panel.
How To setup a State Tax
- Enter a Description.
- Select a Basis:
- Per Gallon - The tax is the number of gallons delivered multiplied by the rate.
- Percentage of Revenue - The tax is a percentage of the final price of product(s) delivered.
- Percentage of Sample Cost - The a percentage of the cost of sample product(s) delivered.
- Enter a Rate.
- Select an Effective Date.
- Select a Product Set.
- Select a Customer Set.
- Click Add.
How To Delete a Line
- Select it in the grid.
- Click Delete.
Alcohol Compliance Panel
This panel contains the state's non-compliance payment term and hold code for purchasing alcohol.
- Customers listed in the grid will have the hold code applied and their payment term(s) will be overridden by the terms entered here.
- The Alcohol Compliance Import tool is used to add/remove large amounts of customers at once.
Enter Non-Compliance Settings
- Select the Terms for customer's not in compliance with state law.
- Separate invoices will still be created based on the terms entered on the customer record.
- For example, if alcoholic products are normally COD and non-alcoholic are Net 30, but due to compliance issues they are overridden to both be COD, they will still be split onto separate invoices.
- Apply to Alcohol Only - Check this box to apply the terms to alcoholic products only and allow non-alcoholic products to be ordered normally.
- Select the Hold Code for customer's not in compliance with state law.
Manually Add/Remove Customers
- Select a customer to add to the list.
- Click Add Customer.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all necessary customers have been added.
CRV Exemptions Panel
Customers added to this panel are exempt from paying California Redemption Value fees.
- For customer to be exempted from CRV fees, they must be added to the grid and Activated.
- The other fields are for reference/reporting only.
How To Add a Customer Exemption
- Select a Customer.
- Check the Activated box.
- Select the Type of exemption:
- Default - This is the base value of the field if no specific exemption type is selected.
- CalRecycle_Exemption - For customers who have registered with CalRecycle that they will self-report CRV fees.
- Statutory Exemption - For plane, train, and passenger boat customers.
- Other - Any exemption not covered by the other three options.
- Select the Effective Date.
- Enter a Reference number/note.
- Click Add.
How To Update a Customer Exemption
- Select the customer in the grid.
- Enter the new information in the fields at the bottom.
- Un-check the Activated box to end the exemption.
- Click Update.
This panel lists all customers assigned to the state.
- Check the Map box to view each customer's location on a map.
- Click Show erased customers to view de-activated customers assigned to the state.
Delivery Charges Panel
This panel is used to set up state-specific delivery charge settings.
- Enter the Delivery Charge for all customers in this state.
- The charge entered here will override any other delivery charges for customers in this state.
- Check Do not credit back split-case charges to exclude the split-case charge when entering a unit return for customers in this state.
- When enabled, customers in this state will only be credited the return price even if a split-case charge was included on the initial order.
Only available with the Vending Plugin, This panel is used to set a Minimum Vend Price for Taxes.
- Products with a price that does not meet or exceed the minimum entered here will not be charged vending tax.
This panel shows any reports related to States. The selected report can be changed under the Report menu at the bottom and may be run for a specific time period. The reports shown here can be sent to both the printer and excel. For more information, see Reports Panel.