Split-case charges are price increases added to an invoice when a customer orders units, resulting in a case being opened so the units can be picked.
These charges are automatically added to the front line price on an invoice and, by default, are included when eoStar calculates return prices.
- Split-case charges can be excluded from return prices on a state-by-state basis.
- The charge can be set up in two ways:
- Pro-rated based on how many units are in a case.
- Flat charge for each unit ordered.
- Higher-priced units can be excluded from the split-case charge.
- Functional Area: Administration, Sales Support
- Roles Impacted: Admin Clerk, Costing
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugins: eoStar Core
Records > Employee > Records > Access Records Panel:
- Split-Case Charges
How to Create a New Split-Case Charge
- Go to Records > Product > Split-case Charges.
- Click New.
- Specify the record number by selecting a provided number or entering a new one.
- Enter the Name.
- Select the Effective Date.
- The charge will take effect starting on the selected date.
- Enter the Amount of the charge.
- Select the Product Set the charge applies to.
- Enter the Cutoff Amt..
- Any alt-packs with a unit price equal to or greater than the cutoff amount will not have a split-case charge applied.
- Leave the cutoff amount blank or enter zero to always apply a split-case charge.
- Select how the charge is applied:
- Charge for whole case - The charge amount will be pro-rated based on the number of units in the primary pack, then applied to each unit ordered.
- Charge for each alt-pack - The charge amount will be applied directly to each unit ordered.
- Click the command button Post.
This panel displays all products assigned to this charge.
- Click Show erased and discontinued items to include them in the grid.
- Discontinued products will be highlighted in gray.
- Erased products will be highlighted in red.
This panel shows any reports related to Split-Case Charge records. For more information, see Reports Panel.