Retail Dunnage Tracking
Retail Dunnage Tracking is eoStar's tool for tracking pallets that are automatically added to orders when the orders are palletized. This is also known as Underload Tracking. Retail Dunnage Tracking will allow for enhanced inventory control of pallets and other dunnage items.
- Functional Area: Operations
- Roles Impacted: Order Processing Associates, Inventory Managers
As orders are palletized, eoStar will count the pallets being created and add retail dunnage items once orders go through the Orders to Loads Generate Transfer stage. Once the orders have gone through this process, the retail dunnage items will appear on the orders as line items.
Setting up Retail Dunnage Tracking
- Go to Records > Product > Pallet Sizes > Records.
- Select the pallet size you would like to use for retail dunnage tracking.
- Add a Retail dunnage item to the record.
- Click Post.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for all additional pallet sizes that you would like to use for retail dunnage tracking.
Retail Dunnage Tracking Configuration Settings
- Go to File > Database Administration > Configure > Palletization.
- Select the Default Pallet Sizes.
- Click Post.
Retail Dunnage Tracking Operation - Bulk Orders
- The dunnage item will not be added to the order immediately upon placing.
- The order must first be palletized, then have the transfer generated in OTL Generate Transfers.
- At the time of palletization, eoStar determines how many pallets will be necessary.
- During OTL Generate transfer, eoStar will add the pallets to the order.
- Retail Dunnage Tracking is supported in eoMobile and eoTouch.
Example Bulk Order
Below is an order that has just been placed. It has gone through OTL Commit, but it has not been palletized and the transfer has not yet been generated:
The order requires two pallets, due to the quantity ordered exceeding the maximum capacity of the pallet:
Since this example required two pallets to ship, eoStar added two pallets to the order:
Retail Dunnage Tracking Operation - Aggregate (Non-Bulk) Orders
- When loading aggregate (non-bulk) trucks, the process is slightly different.
- Since aggregate pallets are built by item, rather than by order, eoStar cannot know for sure which order to associate the pallet with, as the pallet contains items for more than one order.
- eoStar will add the retail dunnage item to the smallest order number on the pallet, and populate the order quantity of dunnage, but not the ship quantity of dunnage.
- If the driver leaves the pallet with the customer when delivering the order, they will have to manually add the ship quantity of dunnage on the handheld device.
Retail Dunnage Tracking in the Warehouse
- All retail dunnage items will be depleted from the source warehouse's default dunnage location, which is set under Records > Warehouse > Records > WMS Settings panel: Default Dunnage location.
- This location will be depleted, regardless of the current inventory level at the location. This means that the location will go negative if there is no inventory there.
- Retail Dunnage Tracking will respect all Cross Dock and Inventory Sharing settings.