The available queues for purchases are:
- Waiting to be Printed - This would be the purchase when it is first created (through Inventory>New purchase). It has not yet been printed. To print the invoice, select the the Print Purchases button. When the record leaves this step in the tracker it is considered to be on-the-way to the selected warehouse from the supplier.
- Waiting to be Received - This would be when the purchase is on-the-way to the selected warehouse. The Purchase record leaves this step when the Purchase arrives to the warehouse and Supplier's bill is waiting to be paid. This step is required, meaning it cannot be unflagged in the configuration panel.
- Waiting for Supplier Bill - The purchase will have arrived at the warehouse. If there is a difference between what was ordered and received, it may be edited in this step (see Editing Purchases). This last step is complete when the Supplier's bill has been settled.
- Waiting for Freight Bill - The purchase will have been settled with the Supplier; however, the freight charges may not have been settled yet.
Not all these queues are required for every company. To change the queues see Configure Purchases Panel.
In order for employees to access this screen, the "Purchase Tracker" checkbox and the correlating queues on the Permissions Panel must be checked.
For information on adding Date Codes to items in purchases, see Date_Codes#How-To_Add_Date_Codes_to_Purchases.
How-to Search for Purchases in the Tracker
- Access Inventory>Purchase Tracker
- To search for a specific Purchase Record in the tracker select Find purchase.
- Use the drop down arrow to narrow the search.
- Type in the Purchase Order Number and click the command button Find.
- To view the purchase, click Goto This Purchase.
- When finished with the search screen, click the command button Done.
How-To Move Purchases Through the Tracker
- Select the button bar titled Waiting to be printed. This will bring up a list of Process purchases waiting to be printed. It is possible to filter records by using the bottom Filters box.
- Either check the Move check boxes of the purchases you wish to print or highlight several records and click Mark selected.
- Click the pink triangle and the selected records will be moved onto Waiting to be received.
- When the Purchases have been received, select the button bar titled Waiting to be received.
- Again, either check the Move check boxes of the purchases you wish to print or highlight several records and click Mark selected.
- Click the pink triangle and the selected records will be moved onto Waiting for supplier bill. (The purchase should be reconciled at this point. See below.)
- When the Purchases' supplier bills have been received, select Waiting for supplier bill and the records and select the pink triangle labeled Finalized. Selecting this will finalize the purchases.
- NOTE: When moving purchases from 'waiting for supplier bill' to 'finalized,' a popup titled 'Supplier bill for purchase 2 from supplier 1' appears. You can 'post as reconciled' or add more items. However, at this stage in the purchase tracker, you cannot add new items to the purchase - only billing codes.
When orders are pushed from the "Waiting for Supplier Bill" queue, the user is expected to reconcile them. This means any remaining balance must be at $0.00 in order to post the purchase as reconciled.
Note: Freight charges may be added to the purchase at this time.
If the inventory of a purchase is already part of a finalized inventory batch, changes to the received quantities of items is not allowed.
- Select the purchase in the "Waiting for Supplier Bill" queue and click the pink arrow.
- Either select to reconcile the freight now or at a later time.
- Add the shipper, supplier Invoice #, invoice date, and due date (if different).
- Add the total Discount. If the hyperlink "Click here to fix" appears, click it and select the correct option.
- Add the total payment.
- Add any cost components.
- When finished, click the command button Post as Reconciled.
Reconciling/Entering Freight on Purchases
When purchases are moved from the "Waiting for Supplier Bill" to the next level in the queue, it is possible to reconcile the Freight when adding the payment amounts.
- Click the command button Reconcile Freight Now.
- Add the payment information and in the column labeled "Total as shown on invoice," put in the Total Freight.
- Click the hyperlink Click here to fix.
- Using the radio buttons, select the method of applying freight cost to the products. If you select a prorated method, any remaining amount (not divided evenly in the proration) will be added to a separate line item.
Freight may also be added through purchases located in the "Waiting for Freight Bill" queue. Purchases are sent to this queue if the command button Enter Freight Charges Later is selected.
FAQ on Prorate Option
- Purchase in "Waiting for Supplier Bill" > Reconcile Freight Later > No Shipper > Cost Components Checked > Prorate option available in next queue
- Purchase in "Waiting for Supplier Bill" > Reconcile Freight Now > Shipper Entered> Prorate option available in next queue
- Purchase in "Waiting for Supplier Bill" > Reconcile Freight Later > No Shipper > Cost Components Checked/Unchecked > Prorate option available in next queue for cost components that are checked
- Purchase in "Waiting for Supplier Bill" > Reconcile Freight Later > No Shipper > No Cost Components Checked > Prorate option not available
The Purchase Status shows a history of actions and changes that occur throughout the life-cycle of a purchase. The Purchase Status will display information such as:
- Change Supplier
- Change Shipper
- Change Warehouse
- Change/Add/Remove Category
- Change/Add/Remove Plant
- Change/Add/Remove PO #
- Change Ordered date
- Change ETS date
- Change ETA date
- Change/Add/Remove Placed with
- Change/Add/Remove Pay terms
- Change/Add/Remove Note
- Add item
- Change Qty ordered
- Remove item
- Change Price
- Change Disc
- Change Freight
- Change Deposit
- Change Qty received
- Change Date code
To view the status of a purchase:
- Go to Inventory > Purchase Tracker
- Identify the purchase in question and open the transfer by clicking on the blue hyperlink Purchase #.
- Once the transfer is open, click the Status button in the bottom-left of the screen.
Printer Icon: Prints the transfer status. Excel Icon: Exports the transfer status to Microsoft Excel. Status Grid: Displays all actions taken place throughout the life-cycle of the transfer. Display Print Log: Display a log of the transfer being printed. Okay: Click Okay to close the window.
If the Purchase is no longer in any of the queues of Purchase Tracker, utilize the Fine Purchase feature:
- Go to Inventory > Purchase Tracker
- Click on Find Purchase
- Search by any of the available fields:
- Purchase Number
- P.O. Number
- Supplier Invoice Number
- Freight Bill Number
- Click on Go To This Purchase
- Once the purchase is open, click the Status button in the bottom-left of the screen.