- Web Orders
- Need picklists
- Need delivery documents
- Need delivery confirmation
- Need follow-up invoices
Orders can be moved through the tracker through various methods. Orders-To-Loads can be configured to automatically move the orders from the Need delivery documents queue to the Need delivery confirmation queue. Or, the orders may be selected manually from within the order tracker and moved via the chevron icon beneath each of the queues.
All undelivered, non-voided orders will be in one of the queues within the order tracker.
In addition to having the ability to review the orders within the queues, you can also look orders up by order number by using the Find Order button.
To extend the grid display to show more information about the orders in the tracker, check the checkbox Extend Grid.
In order for employees to access this screen, the "Order Tracker" checkbox and the correlating queues on the Permissions Panel must be checked.
In June 2010, changes were made to allow the e-mailing of invoices and follow up invoices to customers. For more information, see Overview: Emailing Invoices.
- 1 How To Move Orders Through the Tracker
- 2 How To Find an Order
- 3 How To Edit Orders
- 4 Printing Picklists, Delivery Documents, Invoices, and Follow-up Invoices
- 5 Order Status
How To Move Orders Through the Tracker
- Select the button bar titled Need Picklist. This will bring up a list of Process purchases waiting to be printed. It is possible to filter records by using the bottom Filters box.
- Either check the Move check boxes of the purchases you wish to print or highlight several records and click Mark selected.
- Click the pink triangle and the selected records will be moved onto Need Delivery Documents.
- When the Purchases have been received, select the button bar titled Need Delivery Documents.
- Again, either check the Move check boxes of the purchases you wish to print or highlight several records and click Mark selected.
- Click the pink triangle and the selected records will be moved onto Need Delivery Confirmation.
- When the Purchases' supplier bills have been received, select Need Delivery Confirmation and the records and select the pink triangle labeled Finalized. Selecting this will finalize the purchases.
How To Find an Order
- Go to Orders > Order Tracker.
- Click Find to open the Order Search screen.
- Enter the Order #.
- Include legacy orders - Check this box to also search historical orders imported to eoStar.
- Click Find to search for the order number.
- For quick reference, any orders that have been entered or modified since the user logged in will be listed in the grid on the left.
- Basic information about the order will be displayed on the right.
- To view the order details, click Open This Order.
- Click Done to exit the screen.
How To Edit Orders
- Open the order details screen by following the instructions in the previous section.
- Alternatively, anytime eoStar displays an order number as a link, clicking the link will take the user directly to the order details screen.
- Click Make Changes.
- The kind of order is listed in the upper-left.
- Order header information can be updated using the menus on the left.
- Click the icon to add a note to the customer record notes panel.
- Add a product to the order by selecting it in the Item menu, entering a quantity, and clicking Add.
- Use the checkboxes above the grid to show/hide additional columns.
- Wt-lbs & costs - Check to show the weight and cost columns. Display only.
- Per pkg delivery & freight charges - Check to show the freight charge and package charge columns. Display only.
- UPC # - Check to show the retail UPC digits. Display only.
- Product details may be updated by editing the grid cells directly.
- The Net and XTotal fields are automatically calculated based on the values in the other fields.
- If the order has been committed, the order quantity cannot be edited, but the ship quantity can.
- Use the arrows to move the selected product line(s) up and down in the grid.
- Notes - Opens a screen to enter notes to be displayed on the handheld invoice.
- Status - Opens the status log where user name and timestamp information is logged as the order is processed.
- For more information see the status log section below.
- Sellabe inventory for the selected product and the source warehouse is displayed below the grid.
- Click the box to open a screen detailing the how the sellable number is calculated.
- Account Terms
- Use the menu to change the payment terms.
- Click the link to view a list of terms assigned to the selected customer.
- Promo Date - Click the link to set or adjust the promotion date.
- Charge Tax - Check this box to include tax in the invoice total.
- Additional Charges - Click the link to display the additional charges for the order.
- Only the Freight Charge may be manually edited.
- The Per Package Delivery and Freight Charges may be removed by checking the corresponding box.
- The invoice total, payment method, and due date are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- More - Check this box to display additional fields below.
- Shipping Information
- Changes made here will only affect this order and will not be saved to the customer record.
- Notes - Enter various notes about the order here.
- Other Information
- Click Current Balance to see outstanding invoices for the selected customer.
- Load # - Indicates which truck/trailer the order is assigned to when multiple loads are required to complete the day's deliveries.
- Bulk Order - Check this box to designate this order as bulk.
- PO # - Changes made here will only affect this order and will not be saved to the customer record.
- Order Type - Select the order type assigned to this order.
- When finished, click Post.
- To return to the previous screen, click Done Reviewing.
Order Editing Restrictions
In some situations modifying an order is restricted to specific fields or completely prevented.
Cross Dock Transfer
- Once a cross dock transfer has been created, the majority of the order's details will be locked for editing, ensuring the quantity to be delivered matches the quantity on the cross-dock transfer.
- Non-cross dock products may still be updated.
- Click Change Date/Driver to update the ship date and/or driver assigned to the order.
- The Driver and Truck menus are limited to those associated with the destination warehouse.
- The Ship Date can be changed here, just not in Delivery Dispatch.
- Click Modify Order to enter the normal edit order screen with the following restrictions:
- Once an order has been through Load & Release, any updates to the quantities on that order must also be made to the associated pallet(s).
- Click No for eoStar to automatically adjust the pallet information to match the changes.
- Click Yes to manually verify the changes to the pallet(s).
- A second pop-up will open for manual pallet changes:
- Show all lines for order - By default, only the updated lines are displayed. Check this box to display all order lines.
- Show all orders on route - Check this box to display the lines of all orders on the assigned driver's route for that delivery date.
- Only one of these boxes may be checked at a time. Checking one will automatically uncheck the other.
- The lines that were modified will be highlighted:
- Green means the pallet adjustment matches the new order quantity.
- Red means the pallet adjustment does not match the new order quantity
- The Pallet ID field is a dropdown menu containing the IDs of any bulk pallets for the customer and any non-bulk pallets on the route.
- Select a different pallet ID to move a product to that pallet.
- If a product was added to the order, this field will also contain a New Pallet option for that line, which will create a new pallet for the route and place the added product on it.
- Delete pallets for order - Click to delete the pallets for the selected order.
- When the modified lines are all green, click Finish to apply the changes to the order and the pallet(s).
- To cancel the pallet adjustments and return to the order edit screen, click the X in the upper-right corner.
- Once an order has been picked, any updates to the quantities on that order must also be made to the associated pick(s) and pallet(s).
- When posting a quantity change to a picked order, the following message is displayed:
- In this situation, the user must manually verify the changes, otherwise the process is exactly the same as for a palletized order.
- See the previous section for instructions on manually verifying changes to the pallet(s).
- Applying the changes to the pallet(s) will also adjust the Pick QC entries for any lines already picked. The recorded pick quantities will not be adjusted.
- Once a payment has been applied to an order, most of the order details are locked. This ensures the amount due will not change after the customer has paid for the order.
- When attempting to edit an order with a payment applied, this screen is displayed:
- Any fields displayed may be updated except the payment terms. Click Post Changes to apply updates.
- Once the route has been settled, most of the order details are locked. This ensures no inventory discrepancies can be introduced after the truck levels are reconciled.
- When attempting to edit an order that has been reconciled, this screen is displayed:
- Any field displayed may be updated except the driver. Click Post Changes to apply updates.
Printing Picklists, Delivery Documents, Invoices, and Follow-up Invoices
There are several methods available for printing these documents. The most straight forward method is to as follows:
- Select a queue (for example the "Needs Picklists" queue to print out picklists for the orders.).
- Select the orders.
- Click the command button Print Picklists or Print Batch (to print all the orders within the queue).
- Hit Okay.
- Need Picklists - will print picklists.
- Need Delivery Documents - will print delivery documents.
- Need Delivery Confirmation - will print invoices.
- Need Follow-up Invoices - will print follow up invoices.
Order Status logs changes to Orders after they have been posted. Entries are made to Order Status when a pending order is altered after it has been posted. Examples of changes that are logged include, but are not limited to:
- Changing the receiving customer.
- Adding additional items.
- Changing the scheduled delivery date.
These changes are logged so that back end users can review existing and past orders to track who is making changes and why they are making them.
- Functional Area: Administration
- Roles Impacted: Admin users, Sales Supervisors, and Order Processing Associates
Accessing Order Status
- Go to Orders > Order Tracker.
- Open any existing order by clicking on the order number hyperlink.
- Click Status.
- The Order Status popup will open. This is where eoStar will log all changes to orders after they have been posted.
- When you are finished viewing the Order Status, click Done viewing.