Purchases are products and goods attained from a supplier and placed into one of the company's warehouses. Purchases can be received into the warehouse using the functionality on the Warehouse Handheld. Sometimes, suppliers hire a third-party shipper to send the goods. Prices for goods are determined by the criteria listed here. Any cost components can be shown to get a better idea of the price of the products.
Prices are populated into the purchase from a certain sequence. That sequence is:
If no values are loaded into the Laid-In-Cost Manager, then the program will use the amounts listed in the Product Records Supplier panel, followed by the most recent purchase price to populate the PO. If no prices are specified and the item was never purchased from the supplier, then the price defaults to $0.00. The purchase price can be overridden during purchase entry.
The cost column is calculated by adding up the price, discount, freight, and any other cost components that apply to the purchase.
In order for employees to access this screen, the "May Enter Purchases" checkbox on the Permissions Panel must be checked.
How to Create a New Purchase
1. Go to Inventory>New Purchase.
2. To create a purchase from a supplier, use the drop down arrow to select the Supplier.
3. If there is an associated Shipper, use the drop down arrow to select the record.
4. Use the drop down arrow to select the Warehouse Purchase Category.
5. Use the drop down arrow to select the Plant record.
6. Insert Purchase Order Number, when it was ordered, ETS (Estimated Time Shipping), ETA (Estimated Time Arrival), who the order was placed with, and Pay Terms.
7. Select the command button Start Purchase.
8. Use the drop down arrow to select the Item.
- Items may be searched by using the supplier item alias. These aliases are assigned on the Product Records Supplier Panel.
9.Add the quantity and click the command button Add to Purchase. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the items for the purchase are added.
10.When finished editing the Purchase, select Post. The Purchase will be sent to the Purchase Tracker.
Additional Information that may be added to New Purchases
- Inventory - Shows a list of inventory the supplier may have. Additionally, inventory may be added onto the purchase.
- Generate Forecast - This button allows the generation and loading of estimated quantities of items into the purchase. (See Forecasting.) This command button can be very useful for quantities of items frequently purchased.
- Remove 0 qty items - Removes any items that will not be purchased this time.
- Add Notes - Any notes about the purchase may be added here.
- Total Purchase - lists the total weight and packs of the purchase, as well as the total cost of the purchase.
How-To Make New Purchases Faster
When the user is very comfortable with eoStar, these steps will make new purchases faster to create and post.
- Go to Inventory>New Purchase.
- Using the drop down arrow, select the supplier. Add the PO#, ETS, and ETA.
- Click the command button Inventory. Select the first record, hold down the key and click the bottom record. This will select every record in the supplier's known inventory. Click the command button Add Selected Items to Invoice. Exit out of the Inventory Screen.
- Select the first record, hold down the key and click the bottom record. Then click the command button Generate Forecast. Type in the number of days, and click the command button Compute Forecast. Select the first record, hold down the key and click the bottom record. Click the command button Load Invoices with Forecast. This will look at the inventory in stock and the purchase history for each product, then it will generate an estimated amount of product that will be needed for the number of days chosen.
- Click the command button Remove 0 Qty Items. Any items not ordered will automatically be removed from the purchase.
- Review the order for inaccuracies, and click the command button Post.[[Category:]]