Connect to Database
The Mobile ION hyperlink in the upper right hand corner of the screen is used to connect with Mobile ION. Mobile ION is a way to work offline to generate ION reports without a connection to a database. For more information on ION, see ION Reports.
For information on any error messages appearing here, see Overview: Error Messages.
How-to Connect to a Database
- After starting eoStar, choose which form of connection to make:
- To add a connection, select the command button Add Connection. Insert the information and click Add Connection.
- To edit a connection, select the command button Edit Connection. Insert the information and click Apply Edits.
- To connect to a Database select it from the list.
- Click the command button Connect to DB.
- Description - This is a brief explanation of the database. This will be what it is listed as on the Database Connections screen.
- Server - The server where the database is located.
- Database - The actual database name.
- User Id & password - The SA user ID and Password.
- Use Integrated Security - This checkbox will use integrated security rather than the User ID.