The combine orders screen is used to merge orders for the same customer and scheduled to deliver the same day. When combining orders:
- The lowest order number will be kept and the other order(s) will be voided.
- All order lines and notes from the voided order(s) will be merged into the order that is kept.
- A note listing the order it was combined with will be added to the voided order(s).
- Functional Area: Operations
- Roles Impacted: Warehouse Manager
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugins: Combine Orders Plugin
Records > Employee > Records > Plugins Panel:
- Orders > Combine Orders
Orders that Cannot be Combined
- Orders that have been palletized.
- Orders that are partitioned on payment terms.
- Prior orders that contain line items which don't agree with the customer's current payment term partitioning.
- Bill and Hold orders.
- Orders that went through EDI, APAL, ULM, Vertique, Load Optimizer, or FleetLoader.
- Orders created from an EDI Purchase Order Import (850) are an exception and can be combined.
- Orders that have different PO numbers.
- Orders that have different order types.
- Orders that have a different driver or truck assigned.
- Allow combination of orders is not enabled for the customer at Records > Customer > Records > More Panel.
- Orders that are not in the same queue of the Order Tracker.
- Orders that are for cumulative promotions
- Orders that have a locked promotion date.
- Orders that have the same locked promotion date can be combined.
- Orders that are at different stages in the Orders-To-Loads process.
- Orders that are for samples.
How to Combine Orders
- Go to Orders > Combine Orders.
- Select the Delivery Date.
- Only orders scheduled to be delivered on the selected date will be included.
- Select the Source Warehouse(s).
- Only orders for the selected warehouse(s) will be included.
- Check Exclude Returns to prevent an order with a negative quantity from the being combined.
- Check Combine? for orders that should be merged.
- All orders eligible to be combined are selected by default.
- Uncheck Hide Ineligible to include orders that cannot be combined in the grid.
- Click Select all eligible orders to check Combine? for all orders than can be combined.
- Click Deselect All to uncheck Combine? for all orders listed in the grid.
- Click Combine Listed Orders to merge marked orders.